For better and smooth working of your Garmin Sat Nav device, you have to install the latest updates by following the below-given process. Carefully follow each step for experiencing an error-free Garmin Update process.
First and foremost, download and install the Garmin Express application on your computing system.
To install the Garmin update, you first have to download and install the Garmin Express application on your system. In order to do so, you have to move to the Garmin Express window by entering “garmin.com/express” in the address bar. You will get the download link there. Click the link to initiate the download process. Once the download gets completed, you can install the application by following the on-screen instructions.
After that, connect your Garmin Sat Nav Device with your system.
Connect your Garmin navigation device to your system using the USB cable. Now, take the cable that comes with the purchased box and then, connect one of its end to the system and another end to the sat nav device. Once you are done with establishing the connection you can proceed further. However, make sure that you keep your device connected throughout the Garmin Update process.
Then, you have to add your sat nav device to the Garmin Express application.
For installing the Garmin Update, you have to add your sat nav device to the application. You can successfully add your device by following the process mentioned below.
- Open the Garmin Express application. For this, click the application’s icon from the desktop or the system tray.
- After that, tap the “Add a Device” option.
- Then, you have to wait for your application to find your device.
- Next, you have to select your product and tap the “Add Device” option.
- Thereafter, you have to sign in to your Garmin account to proceed further with the process. For signing in, you have to click the “Sign In” tab and enter the associated username and password in their respective fields. On the other hand, new users have to tap the “Create an Account” option. Then, you have to provide all the required information for the creation of your account.
- Further, the product registration window will display on your screen. You will get this window only if your product is not registered yet. For registration, you have to enter the email address and hit the “Next” option.
- Afterwards, you need to provide a nickname to your Garmin sat nav device and click “Next”.
- On adding a Garmin wearable, you will get a window to connect your device to a wireless network. This is needed for uploading the data wirelessly. For this, tap the “Find Network” option and then establish the connection by following the on-screen instructions.
- Finally, tap the “Finish” button.
At last, install the available Garmin Update to your navigation device.
- Click the Garmin Express application link in order to access it.
- After that, tap the “Check for updates” option and this will initiate the search for the available updates.
- To get the list of all the options, you have to tap the “View Details” option.
- Now, choose the preferred Garmin Update that you want to install on your device. To proceed further, click the “Install” tab which is located beside your product.
- Then, read the terms and conditions you are going to bind with and hit the “Accept” tab to move further.
- Afterwards, read the installation instructions appearing on your screen and make sure you follow each of them.
- Thereafter, tap the “Continue” button to initiate the Garmin Update process.
- It might take a few minutes for the process to get completed. Hence, wait patiently for its completion.