Learn how to install the Garmin Connect application
- To begin the installation of the Garmin Connect application on your mobile phones, firstly you have to go to the Settings menu and from there click on the Wi-Fi option. After this, connect your mobile with the wi-fi network connection with the correct network name that you are currently using.
- The next step is to open up the Play Store or Apple Store applications on your preferred mobile phones.
- After launching the application, look at the very top for the search field and type in Garmin Connect.
- As a result, it will present you with a drop-down menu list from where you have to pick the Garmin Connect option.
- You are then supposed to select the Get or Install tab whichever option is available on your mobile phones. Continuing with this, it will immediately begin the process of downloading the software. Wait for a couple of seconds until the process gets completed.
- Eventually, it will prompt you to log in to the Garmin Connect Account. Fill in the username and password that you have provided at the time of setting up a Garmin Connect account. If you don’t have an account linked with this account, you are supposed to register it.
- Furthermore, you will receive a pop-up box that might ask you to switch on your Bluetooth and then pair it with your Garmin device that you are currently using.
- Finally, after pairing it to your mobile device it will ask you to access your location, click on the Allow option.
- At last, just by following this entire procedure, you can easily install the Garmin Connect application on your mobile phones.
How can you pair your Garmin GPS device with this application?
It is important to pair your Garmin GPS device with the installed Garmin Connect application so as to maintain and share the records of your daily activities performed. The following is the procedure that will guide you step by step in synchronizing your data with this application.
- Ensure that you have already installed the Garmin Connect application on your mobile phones accurately. If you don’t have the application, install it first just by following the procedure explained above carefully without skipping any single step.
- Soon after this, you have to click on the icon of Garmin Connect from your mobile screen and open it. At the same time, switch on your Garmin device, and after that when you notice the Phone Setup screen, you have to choose the Continue option.
- As a result, it will take you to the new screen, where you will notice two distinct options which are Create Account and Sign In. If you have already subscribed to the account, opt for Sign In and enter all the login details correctly. Otherwise, pick the Create Account option and follow the prompts on screen to pursue the account setup process.
- You will then notice the Garmin GPS device name that you are using at present on your mobile screen, opt for the Connect it option.
- By doing so, it will represent you with the list of all the navigation devices that are presently available near you. Out of the available device, choose your device and you will instantly receive a pop-up.
- The next step is to look at the Passkey of your Garmin GPS device and if it is the same as shown in the pop-up box, opt for the Pair option.
- After that, when you see the Done option it means that the process of pairing is complete and then simply click the Next button. You are then supposed to follow the prompts on-screen to complete the settings of your device.
- Finally, you have to choose the Sync Now tab, and this will automatically synchronize your Garmin GPS data with the Garmin Connect. Wait until the process of synchronization is going on and for Garmin Update visit Garmin.com/express.
- Lastly, you have to tap on the Finish tab to exit from the window and now you can also use this application to transfer your activities to your friends and family.